7/11/2011

Cauliflower mock couscous & okra's

Time for some food. This cauliflower salad has no actual couscous in it, but you couldn't tell that by just looking at it. So it's actually a mock couscous, and a nice one for dieters who are still trying to get their carb intake down. But most of all, it's tasty, spicy & sweet and after I finished my plate in minutes I wanted to take off my shoes, dive into the bowl and finish every last crumble. True story. I paired the salad with some boiled okra's and pumpkin achar that I bought from a nice lady at the last 'underground boerenmarkt' (an underground food fest where home chefs sell their homemade cookies, syrups, chutney's etc.). I finished the jar with this plate so now I'll have to go hunting after the recipe. Anyone?

Cauliflower mock couscous salad

























Blend together:
1 head of cauliflower, chopped in foodprocessor 
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup yellow raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts


fresh mint, chopped

fresh cilantro, chopped
1 red onion and 1 clove of garlic, chopped and sauteéd


And dress with:
1 Tbsp. harissa paste
juice and zest of 1 lime
1 Tbsp. agave syrup
sprinkle of olive oil
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of salt

2 comments:

Angela @ Vegangela said...

YUM - I've used cauliflower as rice before, and in "risotto" but I love the idea of using it as a couscous. I have a big head of cauliflower in the fridge... I know what I'm having for dinner! :)

Laura said...

Let me know how it turned out! You know what is even yummier? If you can restrain yourself from eating it all, let it rest overnight to let all the flavours combine and have it for lunch the next day..